The Lens Hood 72mm Snap-on Tulip Lens Hood (Version II) is designed to fit lenses with Lens Hood 72mm filter thread. The hood is designed for use with internal focus type zoom lenses. When used with “full-frame” sensor cameras, the starting focal length should be above 20mm. With “APS-C” sensor cameras, the starting focal length should be above 15mm. With wider lenses, especially on full-frame cameras, some slight vignetting might occur.
The “petal” shape of this lens hood maximizes the amount of hood coverage with the minimum amount of weight and hood area. In addition, the design of this hood allows it to be reversed and stored on the lens, when not in use. It is also designed to accept lens caps.
Lens hoods are primarily designed to prevent unwanted stray light from entering the lens, by extending and shading the end of the lens. In addition, since the end of the lens is extended, you also get the added benefit of some extra protection from accidental impact.
- DSLR Lens Hood 72mm
- Fit Lenses with 72mm Filter Thread
- Designed for Internal Focus Lenses
- For Lens Above 20mm (Full Frame Cameras)
- For Lens Above 15mm (APS-C Size Cameras)
- Reversible for Compact Storage on Lens
- Accepts Lens Caps
- Petal Shape Maximizes Hood Coverage
- Minimum Weight & Hood Area
- Extra Protection for Accidental Impact